Wednesday, August 26, 2009

lovely friendship

I miss Kristi.

I miss her so much that I haven't thought about poopy diapers in 3 weeks! That's how much Kristi I lack in my life. I loved Ivy's little poopy diapers.

One consolation is that she's online. A lot. I am so thankful for that.

The other day our chat conversation went something like this:

Kristi: Hey! I miss you so so much. How are you doing without me?

Ralphie: Bread! I love bread!

Kristi: I want to come back. Pleeeeheheheeease take me back!

Ralphie: I love rolls and pitas and naan and scones and

Kristi: Um. Hello?

Ralphie: and cinnamon rolls! Oh man I LURVE cinnamon rolls.

Then I proceeded to drowned her in links of picture upon picture of cinnamon rolls and cried on to my keyboard because I really wanted her to come over and make some with me. Which she would have, easily forgetting the fact that it was 10:00pm.

The next day I found these at my door:
2009 08 22_2227
2009 08 22_2231

With an accompanying note:
2009 08 22_2232

I am so grateful for good friends. I love it that Kristi was thoughtful enough to mention to Jeannie that I have been craving bread. And I am so humbled that Jeannie would take the time to make these most fantastic cinnamon rolls ever ever ever and sneak them over to my house.

What wonders good friendship does to a person. I feel comfortable, cozy, and very full of happiness and cinnamon rolls.

11 comments:

snappy August 26, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Wow, you are lucky to have such good friends. You are making me drool on my keyboard.

Merrick August 26, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Those look AMAZING...but why is that link to the most fantastic cinnamon rolls ever ever ever not working?? Is there a recipe at the other end of that link?!?

theloulie August 26, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

lol about your chat, and wow! what good friends you have!

It was good to see you at the reunion, I look forward to the pictures. :)

Janssen August 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Um, who is going to leave cinnamon rolls at MY DOOR?!?!

I miss you AND Kristi!

Kristi August 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

pleeeeeeheeeeheeeeaseeeee take me back!

I love you Ralph.

And I will love Jeannie forever for doing that.

Jeannie August 26, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Cinnamon rolls are hardly enough of a thank you to begin to thank you for all that you do for everyone around you and show you in just a small way how much you are appreciated. I'm so glad that I could be a part of such a fun surprise and am so honored by your dear, loving blog post! Thank YOU Ralphie!!

PS Will you please come over and take photos of everything I make before I eat it? Those cinnamon rolls look SO good through your lens!!

meleah August 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

Someone had asked me if I was the one that delivered the cinnamon rolls. (I thought it was nice that they thought I would do such a thing:) )
Jeannie you're awesome and Kristi you are very very missed!!!

heather August 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM  

next time those are left at your door please call me... I'm drooling here!

Anonymous August 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

That is so sweet. I'm just already mad because I know you will eat the whole plate and not gain a pound and I have gained... Well, let's not go there. It's just the age old saga of thighs and bum that love to soak in and save every calorie that even the dry lettuce and carrots have. sigh

The Kooky Queen--Rachel August 28, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Now that is a present! Screen lickin' good!!! :)

Ashley September 10, 2009 at 4:30 PM  

Your photography is so spectacular! I love it!!!

Please stop by my blog and enter some fun giveaways. I've got a really great one that's ending today for a kid's outfit valued at $113! I really need to get some more entries for it, so I'd really appreciate your help! And you have a good chance of winning too!!! :)