Thursday, October 21, 2010

a year

I had a birthday.
The older I get the more nervous they make me.
I always ask myself-

Will the day be a total flop?

2010 10 02_6585 edited
From Meleah. The most beautiful tart I have ever licked.

2010 10 02_6595edited
From Janssen, who knows me so well. Chocolate cake, earrings, scarf. I'm sure I stuttered when thanking her. That's what I do when my heart is full.

From B- his love. And along with it a popcorn popper, a cook book, and some athletic socks. He too gets me to the core.

Jeannie with her plate full of cinnimon rolls standing in my doorway, smiling. And Stacy dropping off a bag full of goodies as only she can do. Lots and lots of birthday wishes, calls, and smiling loved ones.


Will I hate being a year older?
2010 10 20_6855edited
Gifts from Queen N and Chichi. I have treasured these 8 years loving them.


Will I feel proud of the things I have accomplished in the past year, when I was then young and full of life???
Will I be satisfied?
2010 09 23_6631edited
Yes. A resounding yes.

10 comments:

Janssen October 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Aren't WE all lucky to have you around?

If I had been you, I wouldn't have shared that tart.

Karen Ella October 21, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what great friends and family!! awesome.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel October 21, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

You are one lucky girl! Period! With an exclamation! Happy BIRTHDAY!!! :)

Julie October 22, 2010 at 8:03 AM  

Happy belated birthday, Ralph! I wish we lived closer...I would've stopped by to nibble on some of your yummy treats :-).

theloulie October 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

Wow, I don't feel so guilty for missing your birthday now, you got some generous friends! Happy late Birthday!

Emily Gilgen October 24, 2010 at 3:18 PM  

Happy Birthday Ralphalphie! You are so poetic. I would definitely be proud of what you have done. Here's to another year of you impressing us all.

Katie October 25, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday :) You definitely deserve it! P.S. where can I find your photography prices?! Starting to plan for our little babes 1 year photo session in December! Let me know, kdwarnock (at) gmail (dot) com...thanks!

To Life October 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

I think it looks like you are loved by a lot of people! What a compliment to you. Boy, that is one awesome birthday! When you said you'd put a picture up of the cake, I had no idea it would be something that grand!

Bart October 27, 2010 at 2:55 PM  

I love the word, 'resounding'. Thanks for using it.

heather October 31, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

Happy Birthday dear friend!!! All our love! xoxo