Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a forever day

238edited
Queenie was baptized this month. She wore her white dress, a necklace we gave her and a very knowing smile.
276edited
250edited
290edited

Cousins, aunt and uncles, grandma and grandpa, and many of our closest friends came to show their love.

During the day thoughts of the first white dress she wore kept coming to me. At 6 weeks old she was given a father's blessing in a handmade and very delicate dress my mother gave to me. B held her in his arms and blessed her to be a friend to many and reach out to those who felt alone.

She does exactly just that. Queenie is joy - any one who meets her is fortunate to take a piece of it away with them.

11 comments:

Kristi August 17, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

Congratulations! We wish we could have been there. My she is growing up fast! She looks beautiful as always!

Melinda August 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

Hooray for Miss Queen E!!! She is delightful and we think of her often. <3

Karen Ella August 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM  

I can't believe she's 8!!!!!!!!! And your children are gorgeous.

Stephanie T August 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

Congratulations! She is such a sweet, special girl. What a beautiful day!!!

Bart August 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM  

I'm sad we missed it. She looks a lot like her mom in that first photo.

Anonymous August 18, 2011 at 11:42 PM  

This post made me tear up a little bit. I am so proud of her! She is such an amazing spirit and I love her so much.

Melanie August 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

I thought of Erin when Jan Nyman told me that that Layne's little boy, Benny, was getting baptized last weekend. I remember how you, Ashley, and Layne all had babies within days of each other. She is a beautiful little girl, just like her mother. I'm so glad I know you!

theloulie August 25, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

Yay Queenie! She looks beautiful in her beautiful dress.

Tassi Smith September 2, 2011 at 7:28 AM  

Congrats Erin! I can't believe it has been that long ago that we lived near one another. She is beautiful.

Rana October 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM  

What a beautiful little girl! She was little little yesterday when I visit taught you in Logan! BTW I LOVE that necklace, where did you find it? I want to give one to my girls!

Ralphie October 17, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

Hello Rana!

I still think about you often. You were my most favorite visiting teacher in the world!

I bought the necklace off of etsy.com, just search for LDS necklace.