Friday, May 17, 2013

what my iphone said

220 Every summer we max out vacation days and funds to go and visit family.  I'll spend a good part of May getting us ready to go.   We drive for days and days to get there.  It takes so much planning and by the end of it all we are toast!  (A nice welcomed-and-happy-to-see-you toast, but crusty toast none the less.)

So last year we decided to take the summer off.  We explored our city.  We fully participated in the reading program at the library.  Queenie started a book club that lasted all summer.  We ate lots of BBQ, made new life long friends, and focus on house projects that I was itching to finish.   My very favorite part of the summer was our trip to the beach.  I'm slightly embarrassed to say that it was our first "real" vacation with just us.  I loved that week so much.  

We stayed in a condo with a kitchen and one bedroom.  We woke up as the sun was rising, threw on our bathing suits, grabbed buckets and headed out to greet the day.  I'd put something in the crock pot on the way out and dinner would be waiting when we came back.  The weather was perfect and my girls were in heaven. 

Here's what my iphone had to say: 199 212 213 226 228 239
That, is exactly what it looks like. Bird poop. 241 242 277 262 272 275 283 295edited 298 305edited 345 355 331

4 comments:

Unknown May 17, 2013 at 6:15 PM  

What an amazing trip! Sounds perfect!

Stephanie T May 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM  

There is something magical about getting away with just your own little family and making memories. They are the best vacations! Yay, I'm glad you are back to blogging too.

Stueller May 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM  

Loving all the pictures.... and I bet that was just a great little family trip, makes me want to just go be with my little family!

Landen December 12, 2013 at 1:52 PM  

I love these photos! It looks like you had so much fun!