Wednesday, September 8, 2010

that's what the woman said

2010 06 26_5738
This has been my go to treat for the past 6 months or so. I can honestly say that I will never ever get tired of cookies. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite. The good almost out weighs the bad.

(But if you put a raisin in there instead of a chocolate chip, I might cry. Then I'll choke it down because you're my friend and I love you and thank you for the cookies. But, that's below the belt man.)

And did I mention they are WHOLE WHEAT. Try them. Love them. Tell them to visit me soon.

Less than three, little cookies. Less than three.


Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white wheat flour
1 tbs wheat germ
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add Baking soda, powder, and salt and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes.

8 comments:

Janssen September 8, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

And yet you have never made them for me. . . I shall have to content myself with B's homemade ice cream and your cobbler. Yes, my life is hard.

theloulie September 8, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

I do love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, I will have to give these a try. One tip to take out some of the fat, substitute some of the butter with an equal amount of pureed white beans.

Unknown September 9, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

I love you for sharing this recipe. The whole wheat part gives me a nice excuse to make them at home and eat half the batch before Philip gets home. I mean, what??

J September 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

I totally agree about the raisin part, if you are going to make a raisin cookie, put chocolate chips in it too, or it just wont be as good! Or better yet, just leave the raisins out! :)

Tassi Smith September 9, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I also gag when people replace chocolate chips for raisins. I have never tried the white beans but have done apple sauce. You can also replace the full eggs for egg whites. I think you need two egg whites for one egg. I have had to stop making chocolate chip cookies because I can't control myself with a yummy cookie.

Liz September 10, 2010 at 9:04 AM  

I made these yesterday from your recipe. Awesome!!

Nells-Bells September 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

i am trying these tonight. they look amazing!!

mrs. brown September 16, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

All these recipes you are posting best be written up for the cook book this year!