Friday, September 3, 2010

you are what you eat

Thank you to all of you out there who left a comment and have been thinking about our NieNie this past week.

2010 08 27_6115 copy
She is doing amazingly well. We are so very blessed. She is quite the talented bone grower and is working hard to fuse the back of her head together.

The silver lining is the kick that I get out of hearing Chichi say "Did you fall dooooown and brokt your croooown?"

2010 08 27_6108
I'm still having a hard time getting her to eat solids. She was never big on them and since the accident she has little to no interest. This morning she had about 1 tsp of cereal and then gave up.

Do you have a trick to get your baby to eat food? Or a food that your baby just loves?

2010 08 27_6115 crop
Do I love messy baby faces? Yes, yes I do.

7 comments:

Strong Family - September 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM  

My kids all hated rice cereal, but would eat the barley cereal (which isn't as thick as oatmeal I think). Good luck!

snappy September 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

My second daughter hated any form of baby cereal. I had to mush up bananas and bake sweet potatoes. Just put a yam in the oven, (in a pan lined with foil) with the skin on, at 400 degrees for one hour. Let it cool. Cut of a small piece, take the skin off, mash it with a fork, add a little water (to get the right consistency) and serve! I just save the rest in the fridge for the next couple of days.

snappy September 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

There is this funny little book I checked out at the library called Feed me I'm yours. The version I got was a bit outdated but still had good "baby food" ideas.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel September 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Yeah, dump a cup of sugar in it and I'll bet she'll suck it right down! :)

Unknown September 5, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

We mix the cereal with bananas, orange juice, or juice squeezed from grapes...he hated the cereal until we mixed those things in.

Emily M September 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM  

So glad she's doing well-- we were so worried when we saw your post. She's been in our thoughts and prayers. That has to be the worst to see your tiny baby in so much pain. Our three year old had quite the summer for accidents, and that was hard enough.

Putman's Math September 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

My babe loved to eat the flavored kind- I think it was apples in it, hope that helps. Now he is 2 and every meal is a struggle. He just isn't a big eater and it is bad to be skinny -if I only had that problem.