Sunday, January 30, 2011

pops

IMG_0001
{Pops and I in 1999, with his Thanksgiving feast that I dished out for him.}

Important things to know about my Dad:
He loves me.
Also peanuts and the color yellow.
My baby was born on his birthday.
He cried when I told him.
He leaves messages on my phone all the time.
Sometimes 3, or 9.
And they all begin with "This is your Dad.... Bob."
He has thousands of movies.
He tells very cheesy jokes. {I yam what I yam.}
He lives and breathes for good Blue Grass music.
He thinks I'm funny.
Old Spice smells like him.
My children are the highlight of his day.
He is so endearing.
He has MS.
He struggles.
He's happy.
He's one of my best friends.

IMG_0001
{Pops and I.}

Love you Daddy. Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

To Life January 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM  

Thanks for the new desktop background photo. Love it. Love you and Pops too.

J January 31, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

I love your Dad too :)
My most favorite memories of him. The best Home Teacher Ever!
The part he played in helping my little brother overcome some Cerebral Palsy symptoms with a priesthood blessing when he was our home teacher.
Calamine Lotion song :)
Playing the harmonica with Brother Jensen at ward parties. (Which sparked my love for harmonicas)
Having him over for dinner at our house when he first learned of his MS.
Fire Jolly Ranchers, he always had one for us at church when he would see us.
What a special part of our family yours is, we love your Dad and even though its been over 15 years since our families have seen eachother, the Wisemans will never forget you all! :)
I hope your Dad had a very happy birthday!

Anonymous February 1, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

I love your dad too because I really think you got your sense of humor from him. And man, are you funny. That's not a question.

Unknown February 3, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

I still visit your dad whenever I go to Rock Springs! My favorite childhood memories are being in trouble with your dad when Georgia and I would block up that downstairs shower and make it a swimming pool! And the movie nights!!!! I loved Friday's at the Peter's house :) Your dad is one of my very favorite people.